Moanalua Hillside Apartments are composed of four mid-rise apartment buildings, two parking garages, a leasing office, a maintenance building, a mail/ laundry building, a guard shack and water heater rooms. Altogether totaling 330,979 square feet of floor area (without parking garages). The anticipated finish date is October 2018.
Douglas Emmett plans to use some $30 million from a refinance loan to improve its Moanalua Hillside Apartments complex on Oahu and build nearly 500 more units bringing the total number to 1,203 units for rent, with 1,503 parking stalls.
Douglas Emmett is a publicly traded company based in Santa Monica, California, that has primarily acquired existing assets here in Hawaii to renovate and lease them. MHA will be Douglas Emmett’s first “ground up” construction in Hawaii.
Hawaii needs more than 60,000 housing units and our MHA project will help provide some of the desperately needed units in Hawaii. Developers and contractors cannot build these types of projects fast enough to meet Hawaii’s housing demand.
Some project highlights are:
- Construction of 491 new market rate workforce housing apartments
- New units will consist of 379 Studios, 108 One-Bedrooms and 4 Two-Bedrooms
- Four Apartment Units on top of levels of parking structure
- Structure is concrete slabs with EIFS & glazing exterior shell
- MHA will be the first project in Hawaii to use the Comslab metal deck concrete stay form system
- New Recreation/Fitness Center and Pool Deck
- New Maintenance Building
- New Leasing Offices
- New Entry Guard Shack with 2 lanes for entrance and exit
- Construction of 600+ parking stalls
Timelapse video of MHA’s progress: