Go to Projects> Camera Feeds>Moanalua to see the latest progress on the project
Moanalua Hillside Apartments:
Douglas Emmett is a publicly traded company based in Santa Monica, California, that has primarily acquired existing assets here in Hawaii to renovate and lease them. MHA will be Douglas Emmett’s first “ground up” construction in Hawaii.
Some project highlights are:
- Construction of 491 new market rate workforce housing apartments
- Construction is being built on Douglas Emmett’s property consisting of 1,000+ existing rental units
- New units will consist of 379 Studios, 108 One-Bedrooms and 4 Two-Bedrooms
- Four 6-7 stories of Apartment Units on top of 2-3 levels of parking structure
- Structure is concrete slabs with EIFS & glazing exterior shell
- MHA will be the first project in Hawaii to use the Comslab metal deck concrete stay form system
- New Recreation/Fitness Center and Pool Deck
- New Maintenance Building
- New Leasing Offices
- New Entry Guard Shack with 2 lanes for entrance and exit
- Construction of 600+ parking stalls
Hawaii needs more than 60,000 housing units and our MHA project will help provide some of the desperately needed units in Hawaii. Developers and contractors cannot build these types of projects fast enough to meet Hawaii’s housing demand.